Forums

Forum Home > Introduce Yourself > Cole

Cole

Okay, I'll jump into the pool first. It's better than standing around nervously in swimming trunks anyways!

AfterElton was the very first online community where I decided to take an active role. I very much enjoyed that forum. If you were an active member of AE, you may recognize me (or you may not, lol).

Middle aged guy here who has lived all his life in the midwest and upper southeast (a.k.a., Kentucky and Ohio). I have been in graduate school for several years and I am still trying to wrestle a dissertation out of some corner of my soul. I have fairly varied interests and try to do things in moderation. I love British television and movies, but I am fairly mainstream, so you may be able to stump me if you start referencing art house movies or anything along those lines. I'm not sure what else to write and I have a fear of this coming across as a dating profile or something, so I will keep it short for now. I welcome new friends, although I can be sporadic in replying to messages due to being a bad manager of a hectic schedule. 

June 19, 2013 at 10:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dennis Stone
Site Owner

Hi Cole!  Well, someone had to be first!  I do indeed remember you from AfterElton.  And that's the first community where I got actively involved as well. There was just something special about the people posting there, and Michael and Brent inserted themselves into the community as real people as well. I love the Backlot, but I miss that early spirit of AE.  So you love British television.  Did you ever see Fawlty Towers?  I haven't seen it for years, but it was one of my favorites.

June 21, 2013 at 12:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cole

Oh, Dennis! I have the special, super-duper, dipped in platinum, boxed set of Fawlty Towers! It is classic! Are you Being Served?, Keeping up Appearances, As Time Goes By, Waiting for God, all classic British sitcoms! I also love the newer, sexier stuff. The rebooted Doctor Who, Being Human, etc.

June 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dback

OK, I'll also jump in the pool (and hope it doesn't have underwater lights, as I found out being the first to skinny-dip at my graduation party...but I digress).  My lengthy bio of my writing and creative career is posted under my name; I'm also an AfterElton/The Backlot alum, though I still post and write there.  (Going WAY back; I used to be a regular poster on what was called the "Is He/She Gay?" website back in the late 90's & Dave Cullen's "Brokeback" site..) Bearish European mutt, often works as a teacher when not writing, waiting to hear back from another round of lit agents and publishers about my work.  I swim 3+ days a week, eat too much fried food & mochas, love to go into Portland and knock around, and have a partner who, for some reason, thinks I'm the most wonderful man on Earth.  (He may be crazy, but I'll keep him.)  I generally see 2-3 movies a week, am always trying to catch up on TV, have piles of unread magazines and newspapers I'm trying to read & recycle (my partner occasionally mutters "Collyer brothers..." under his breath), a DVR in the 85% full range, and around 1,000 CD's.  Faves include Streisand, Springsteen, & the Beatles, but I listen to almost any genre, except hardcore gangster rap.  Not only am I Sagittarius Horse (combining Western and Chinese zodiacs), I have Aries rising and Scorpio as my moon sign--strap in and buckle up tight, it's a hell of a ride, but a fun one.  ;)

August 23, 2013 at 6:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.